It has been a long time coming, and now that bundle of joy is in your arms ; safe and sound. To capture their memory is so important, because before you know it – they are ready to take on the world.
Thank you for choosing me to photograph your little one. From my experiences as a Registered Nurse and mother of two, I handle young ones with safety first in mind. Our session is laid back, and children will be treated with the utmost respect. Each session is catered to your bundle’s age, temperament and physical limitations.
Having parents that are calm helps the baby settle down for a smoother, fuss-free session. Here are some pointers on how to prepare for our session.
- Newborn sessions can last 2-3 hours long. I recommend scheduling around an appointment free day for a relaxed and enjoyable session.
- Newborn sessions are best done between 7-10 days. I will follow up with you leading up to your due date. A grace message is appreciated after the birth to set the best day for your session.
- If your child naps and sleep around a particular time, letting me know can help us plan a session around nap time. Prior to our session, feed your baby well for a restful baby.
- Please loosen up diapers 30 minutes prior to our session to minimize marks on their body. This helps with posing and post-production editing.
- Bring a pacifier if your child takes them. This will help me sooth them in between feedings. I have a sterilizer for you to use as applicable.
- Bring an extra bottle, burp cloth, blanket and change of clothes for your baby.
- Clothes for baby – I have wraps, outfits and props available for our session. As an addition, please bring a neutral onesie, jumpsuit or romper in non-distracting colors such as whites, beige, browns and pastels.
- Clothes for Mom(s) – A neutral dress, button down shirt or flattering shirt of your choice. Avoid large prints or distracting colors.
- Clothes for Dad(s) – A neutral button down shirt, Henley Shirts with little to no textures, large prints or distracting colors. Avoid jeans, and wear complimentary pants/slacks instead.
- Wrinkle Free, or Ironed wardrobe is preferred.
- Do not stress if accidents happen. I am equipped to handle and manage any fecal or urine excrements.
- If you are including siblings in your session, please have them arrive an hour after the session starts. This will avoid them being restless while allowing me, and the mother to focus on the baby’s session.
- The room will be equipped with a baby warmer to keep the newborn comfortable. It may get uncomfortable for parents. At any point, if you need to leave the room, you are free to do so.
- Newborn sessions will require more feeding, snuggling and soothing. At any point, if you need to rest or want to feed/hold the baby – feel free to let me know. Mothers’ know best.
I am so excited to meet you and your little one. These moments are too precious to let go and I look forward to capturing them all.